What are some ways to improve CS:GO ?

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike: Global Offensive' started by fozzy, Dec 26, 2014.

1. fozzy

fozzy The Legend Himself

• WHX | Veteran
    Christmas time is also known as a long break for CS:GO professional players. We've already witnessed roster changes in North American scene which is usually called "#NAshuffle". Also, some of the European powerhouses such as Titan and dignitas altered their lineups.

Winter break in Counter-Strike is also full of discussions about how to make the game better. Valve started going in the right direction by nerfing the overpowered pistol - CZ-75.

What are some other ways to improve this game ? Tomi "lurppis" Kovanen from HLTV.org shared some of his thoughts with CS:GO community on his forum. Lets take a look at his ideas which he called "A few quick ways to balance CS:GO".
    • Make weapons less accurate mid-air - obviously mentioning scout jump shots abilities,
    • Make smokes less powerful - he claims that they are too beneficial for CT Side,
    • Make flashes more powerful - it would strongly increase the power of 5 men push on T side,
    • Remove the planting sound - in Kovanen's opinion, this sound makes the clutches less interesting,
    • Make crouching slower - players with the CS 1.6 background can clearly realize that crouching in CS:GO is smoother and quicker,
    • Removing the bomb sign from the radar - ruins the fake strats and it gives too much information for CT side.
    What is your opinion about the current CS:GO phase ? Would the changes listed above be helpful or useless ?

Link to the full article

: )~

Madx2, JikJok, Serbi@n and 1 other person like this.
  2. Madri^tC

Madri^tC Shroud <3 K!

• WHX | Veteran
    I don't agree personally.. smokes are fine the way they are and T use it too to rush sites, and for scout its not abused at all so better not touch it, i only agree with making flashes more powerful tbh..

3. nork

nork Zeus King

• WHX | Veteran
    Smokes are incredibly broken

Also buff the cz a bit...nerf was too much

4. Serbi@n

Serbi@n Ред Стар Staff Member

• WHX | Leader
    Would be good if you can share best game settings for GO here on forum @fozzy . Would be great to have that for new players/members instead of searching on google from different sources. Like settings for the people with bad/good/very good PC.

5. PlayeRR

PlayeRR Loyal Servant

• WHX | Gamer
    Removing plating sound ? Are you kidding me?
    Even if he wants it to be removed then take out the defusing sound as well. That guy is totally Tsided, CTs kill him.

6. PlayeRR

PlayeRR Loyal Servant

• WHX | Gamer
    Imo "removing bomb sign" idea is really stupid. It only helps by communicating less and hear more for footsteps. I dont think its a big issue.

7. J@ck B@uer

J@ck B@uer Loyal Servant

• WHX | Server Admin
    I have definitely noticed the crouch difference.